Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pots of gold

Thanksgiving is the warmest, kindest holiday of the year.  All you need is a warm heart and a bit of gratitude and you've got a great day.  You don't have spend tons of money.  You don't have to be a great cook.  

Food for the day can span the range from gourmet to kitsch and tradition to new.  My table will probably feature a bit of all.  My only hope is that everyone finds a nibble that they enjoy.  

Once, I tried that Martha Stewart - magazine perfect - holiday table.  I borrowed my mom's family china.  I polished silver.  I purchased glassware worthy of the settings.  I fretted over tablecloths, centerpieces, side dishes, seating arrangements.  Everything looked great and I think my family and guests had a nice time - except for the argument that broke out between two sister-in-laws - one from each side of the family.  

This was not my favorite Thanksgiving.  I learned that paper plates are just as fabulous as china.  What makes the dinner is a friendly and grateful heart. Be it hamburger or turkey - what makes the day is a warm heart.

My thanksgiving prayer - that all my friends and family new and old, near and far find warmth, love, acceptance, and grace in their day today, tomorrow and always.  I am grateful for your kind presence in my life.  I pray you know you are a cherished blessing. I am so thankful for you. Amen.
This rainbow appeared outside our plant yesterday.  It was huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment