Saturday, November 24, 2012

Creating my own church


Not truly belonging has always been my cross to bear.  I've decided that perhaps, it's not such a bad thing.  There is no checklist of goodness.  After all, it is written that he who is without sin should cast the first stone.  I'm not saying there is no sin - but I can't believe that one wakes up and has committed a zillion sins before even getting out of bed.  I like the masses that emphasize the more positive sides of faith.  I get really antsy when I'm at a service that goes on and on about sin. 

I think that the world is beautiful and friendly.  I think God intends us to appreciate his gifts and that we honor him when we find his world good.  


I'm a religious mutt.  I'm a baptized Roman Catholic, but I have some issues.  I believe in one holy apostolic church, I believe in the father, the son and the holy spirit, I believe, but . . . . I have this little issue.  I have a hard time believing there is so much sin.  I don't do guilt as religion.  That kind of makes  me an odd Catholic.


So, I've decided that I'm going to take what I need and leave the rest - in AA speak.  I like the pomp and circumstance of a mass.  It is reassuring.  I like the saints - it's nice to know that there are great examples of goodness attained on earth.  I wish priests and other religious had more well rounded lives.  I think everyone needs human connection - they should be allowed to marry and have families, it they wish.  As I work more on the form of my church, I'll let you know.  - Oh, stained glass windows DEFINITELY belong in my church!


No comments:

Post a Comment