Sunday, November 18, 2012

Photos of the mind.

This morning I walked just after the rain ended.  It was magical seeing the fresh washed world.  Fading rose canes arched across a fence and diamonds of rain drops followed each branch.  I stopped to take a picture with my cellphone.  I was reminded that some of the most amazing pictures in my life were only captured on the camera of my memory.  

I remember seeing trees gowned in crystal after a sudden hard frost when someone left their sprinklers on.  Backpacking in the Sierras we rounded a bend and a small perfect blue lake was surrounded my pink granite boulders and bright green pine trees.  I remember the look of wonder and trust in the eyes of my newborn.  All are vivid photos - but non captured on film.

Cellphones are miracles of capturing now - but memories are forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment