Monday, November 19, 2012

delays

I sat down to write about 2 hours ago.  I had a glimmer of a topic.  The phone started ringing.  The text messages started going off - I got way way off track. I have no idea what I was going to write about - those senior moments again.

I've been doing those online memory games - and it says my memory is getting better, but at times like this, I don't think so.  I think what my memory needs is just to slow life down.  If we could take things - one day - one hour - one minute at a time, my memory would come back.  If I could throw in a half day retreat - I'd probably not only get my memory, but maybe my mental health too.  Now, for a whole day off - I probably would drop 50 points on my high cholesterol, get over my insomnia lose those extra 20 lbs and become a practically perfect person - like Mary Poppins.  A truly worthy goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment