Sunday, November 4, 2012

I discriminate - lots

Privets are horrible, hateful plants.  They multiply everywhere.  They grow really tall and have nasty purple berries.  Birds love these berries - they eat them, poop nasty purple splotches all over my decks, car, pool, etc.  Worse yet, everywhere they poop forest of privet sprouts spring up.  I hate privets.



While pulling millions of little privet sprouts today, I was thinking about how liberal I am.  How I, unlike my conservative friends, have lots of tolerance for other's points of view.  All the while I'm really ticked at these privets.  Then I realized, there are lots of things I don't like (just like I hate privets).  I'm tolerant as long as it goes easily with the rest of my life and doesn't disturb my liberal view of life.

If the truth be told, I'm not fond of spending much time with conservatives talking politics.  I don't like people who cut in lines.  I'm very upset with self-centered people.  I harbor a secret belief that fat people should eat less and exercise more and am often surprised when they turn out to be rather smart.  The list could go on and on - but I'm tired of exposing my sad dirty laundry.  

The only bright side is that I discovered this problem while there is still time to work on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment