Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Voice Come Back

When I was in elementary school I was in the school choir.  I loved singing and had no hesitation about the tone, pitch or quality of my voice.  As I entered middle school and high school, I lost confidence in my voice and stopped singing anywhere others gathered.  The car, booming down the road with the radio cranked up, became my venue of choice.  The less confident I became, the worse my voice got.  I never was a Barbra or a Bette, but I had joy in the experience.  That left.

Last night I went to a Christmas Carol singing class.  It is a four part class that ends with public caroling.  I was awful, but they were accepting.  The director is so wonderful and kind.  I just might have a chance at finding a voice again.  I definitely will find joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment