Sunday, December 16, 2012

To see the best

When I was little, I thought I was in a competition to be the best.  I thought the top of the hill, the top of the heap was where I was supposed to want to be.  

I thought there was only one right way.  I thought it was in or out.  On or off.  Cool or un-cool.  Popular or unpopular.  And on and on.  This is such an exclusive way of thinking.  As the years have gone by, I've come to find the middle ground and find it good.  I've come to realize there is beauty in everyone and all.  

Those struggling the most are those who are most harmed by the early black and white separations.  We need to not separate, but to celebrate each other.  The whole is better with us all feeling good and coming together.  The true best is an ALL not a one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment