Monday, December 3, 2012

So Full, So Forceful

It seems that in the past two days, my cup has filled with possibility.  I've discovered great new insights and liberation into writing.  I read some stories about hunger in a Sunday news magazine Parade that have given me directions I'd like to explore for meaningful work.  I stumbled on a website that celebrates constructive change and it echoed many of the whisperings of my voice.

The circle is turning and the liberation and radicalism of the 60's and 70's seems to be coming back into my life. 

My Aunt Mary was a force in my life.  A "spinster" she was a second strong woman in my life who modeled independence.  We went on a peace march together in 1971 in San Francisco.  I have saved the button from that day all these years wrapped in tissue in my jewelry box.  This is the button:
SMC is Student Mobilization Committee - Mary was a teacher.  I was a student.  We walked together with 300,000 others through San Francisco on a quest for peace.  Our world is still on that quest  - it is time to bring back our loud voices in honor of those who have gone before and in honor of us.  We are still a force.

No comments:

Post a Comment