Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Eye of the Beholder


Walking in the morning helps me to center myself for the day ahead.  I try and stay mindful and enjoy the movement, the cool  air against my skin, the birds, the sky, and gold of the sun as it washes across the tree tips.  I love the morning beauty.  

But, I realized this morning, I always have this little asterisk in my head.  It says, the morning is beautiful except for the power poles.  Often I think, this is so pretty - too bad there are those ugly  power poles and wires.


This morning I realized that I’m very biased.  I am only looking at beauty from one point of view.  Those power poles are beautiful.  The workmen who put them up were probably really proud of the great job they did and how now all those who live in the area can have power, phone service and cable. 

Beauty isn’t the only area where I’ve been imposing my personal standard as THE standard.  I’m going to have to be on the look out for my discriminations - I have lots to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment