Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Be Nice, Be Kind


Today as I was walking, my mind was running a million miles through all the issues and problems in my little world.  I was trying on various solutions and resolutions.  I was setting limits and goals.  I was everywhere but on the road walking.  I was trying to figure out how to do my best.

“Be nice, be kind” my mom’s voice resonated in my head.  I always thought I was supposed to be nice and kind to everyone around me.  Today I realized I need to start closer to home.  I need to be nice and kind to myself.  By this, I don’t mean that I get to be greedy, hateful, and spoiled.  What I mean is that I need to accept myself, just as I am.  Awareness is dawning.  

 Penny - a beautiful apricot colored rose with wonderful fragrance
Pebble - the friendship of my neighbors to each other
Ponder - how can I stay mindful, how can I stay the course

No comments:

Post a Comment